The five languages are pretty straightforward, but here’s a brief description of what each of them mean:
- Words of Affirmation: Expressing affection through spoken affection, praise, or appreciation.
- Acts of Service: Actions, rather than words, are used to show and receive love.
- Receiving Gifts: Gifting is symbolic of love and affection.
- Quality Time: Expressing affection with undivided, undistracted attention.
- Physical Touch: It can be sex or holding hands. With this love language, the speaker feels affection through physical touch.
Mine is “Receiving gifts” as narcissistic as it might sound, it is more in depth than that. Look up the quiz to find yours and understand the others, as when you do, it can help you in relationships. It is like any other kind of language, we need to know how others interpret what we show them, in order to be connected and truly relay our intentions.
Not to mention to know ourselves better in order to help others to as well. If you don’t know your own “love language”, how can you expect someone else to?
Thankful, Grateful and Blessed!