New moons are the launch points of the manifestation cycle, a chance to conjure and to create. The next new moon is in Leo beginning at 10:41 p.m. EDT, on Tuesday, August. 18.
A Leo new moon helps us imagine, dream, desire and think like a royal. If the universe’s wish was your command, what would you really ask for? Try our Leo new moon ritual to find out.
Ritual: Vision of Love
It’s time to break out the art supplies and make a vision board. The subconscious mind is so powerful that we believe wholeheartedly in this tool. Whatever you visualize lives in the realm of what is possible (and doable) in your mind and in your life.
How to make a vision board:
- Sift through magazines or art books (ones you don’t mind snipping pages from) or other found images
- Concentrate on a specific area of life. Perhaps make a separate vision board for career and love, for example, because you may want different things from each area you’re visioning.
- Think about how it would feel to be truly satisfied in that area of life. As you do, snip out images that speak to you. Don’t overthink it! If a picture makes zero sense, six months from now, you may realize why you chose it. (Tali once did a vision board for love while living in NYC. She pulled pictures of mountains and streams and had no idea why. Later that year, she met her husband Cory and wound up moving to Seattle to be with him—a city ringed by snowcapped peaks!)
- You can also use objects like feathers or postcards from friends or other meaningful (but not too heavy) objects that uplift you when viewed.
- Use a glue stick to affix the images to poster board or piece of cardboard.
- Place the vision board where you’ll see it frequently. A friend of ours makes one annually and sets it by the desk of her home office. Visual reminders can stimulate our subconscious to search for things that are in tune to our desires!
Other ideas for a Leo new moon ritual:
- Create a personal throne—a comfy chair or pile of pillows where you can lounge in repose to read, journal or daydream without interruption
- Make a pitcher of sun tea
- Fill your home with summer flowers like dahlias and roses, especially in Leo’s sunshine-yellow hue