- Endurance/Strength: “This too shall pass.”
- Love: “I am love.”
- Release: “Close your eyes, clear your heart, let it go.”
- Being present: “Be here, now.”
- Happiness: “Today, I choose joy.”
- Help with self-confidence: Om Namah Shivaya — “I honor the divinity within myself.” It brings one into harmonic resonance with the universe.
- Chanting “OM.” It encourages cooperation, compassion, and living in harmony with the environment, animals, and our fellow human beings. Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu.
Some may prefer to choose to repeat one word (Sanskrit)
- Shanti – Peace
- Dharma – Righteous path
- Ananda – Bliss
- Prasada — Radiance or happiness
- Prajna – Wisdom
- Bhakti – Devotion, faith, love
B.K.S Iyengar wrote in his book, Light on Life, “What most people want is the same. Most people simply want physical and mental health, understanding and wisdom, and peace and freedom.”
Mantras are personal. Choose a mantra that resonates with you. In your journey, you might find several that feel right